This simple Homemade Bath Bomb recipe uses quality ingredients and pure essential oils to create an all-natural, affordable bath bomb. Practice a bit of self-care today with this easy recipe!
Bath Bomb Ingredients
- The base of a Bath Bomb is citric acid and baking soda. This is what creates the fizz.
- Epsom salts are known for soothing achy or tight muscles. Adding Epsom salts to a bath can also increase magnesium levels in the body, which can be depleted by stress.
- Coconut oil is a natural source of Vitamin E. This makes it great for moisturizing the skin.
- Adding essential oils to a bath bomb can have numerous therapeutic benefits. Listen to your body and choose an oil to support how you are feeling!
Homemade Bath Bomb Recipe
- 1 cup of baking soda
- 3/4 cup of citric acid
- 3/4 cup of Epsom salts
- 4 tablespoons of fractionated coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon water in a spray bottle (optional)
- 10-12 drops of lavender essential oil
- 2″ metal bath bomb molds
- Combine baking soda, citric acid, and Epsom salts in a medium mixing bowl. Use a fork to break up any clumps and mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, combine fractioned coconut oil and the essential oil of your choice. We like lavender and Stress Away best!
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the baking soda mixture. It is very important that you do not add the liquid too fast. This will cause the mixture to activate prematurely. If the mixture seems too dry, use the spray bottle to add a bit of water one spray at a time.
- Use a spoon to slowly combine the ingredients. The mixture should resemble wet sand.
- Fill both sides of the mold and press together firmly. Both pieces of the mold should close together tightly.
- Remove bath bomb from the mold and leave it out overnight to dry.
- Makes 3-4 bath bombs.
- Drop in a warm tub and enjoy!
- Stress Away
- Sacred Mountain
- Ylang Ylang